The old adage ‘Prevention is better than cure’ is very apt if you need to get rid of pests or keep them at bay. It is better that you follow some tips regularly so that you do not give a chance for pest infestation in your home.
- Block the pest entry to your home by checking and covering any gap between doors and windows, holes, cracks or crevices on walls.
- Always keep your kitchen clean by wiping the counters and sweeping the floors so that no crumbs are left unattended.
- Get rid of standing water in the flowering pots and leaking water either in the air conditioning units or taps which is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Regularly maintain your landscape by trimming grass and bushes and avoid overgrowth.
- Don’t let the fruits and vegetables overripe in the kitchen which attracts fruit flies.
- Store the firewood properly out of the house in the shed lest the termites make your home their breeding ground.
- When you bring in toys, chairs or any other equipment which were lying in the garden, first wipe it clean and then get it inside your home.
- Don’t let the garbage get accumulated in your kitchen.
- Keep checking your furniture both inside and outside the house for spiders or some egg deposits.
- Hire the services of a good local Brisbane pest control so that your house is regularly sprayed and kept pest-free.
Simple tips like these above will ensure that pest control becomes easy and advantageous for you in the long run.